Firearm Friendly Merchant Services
What sets us apart from the competition is simple.
We don’t process firearm merchants as high risk; including Title II Class 3 firearms.
With 25 plus years of experience, we learned that Firearm merchants are just like any other business, with the same risk as anyone else. We don’t judge you based simply on your industry; something you have no control over. It can be difficult looking for firearm friendly merchant services, let Blue Dog make it simple.
Click the button below to sign up now.
Firearms Industry Overview:
By the Numbers
- Gun Retailers in the United States: 51,000
- Number of US households possessing at least 1 gun: 32%
- Total value of guns shipped per year in the US: $5.5 billion
- Individuals employed in the broader firearms industry: 220,000
The Blue Dog Difference for Firearms Merchants
Blue Dog Business Services is a leading merchant services and credit card processing provider for firearms merchant accounts. Our value proposition is simple: we do NOT process firearms dealers as high risk. The rates are honest, fair and straightforward, just like any of the dozens of other industries for whom we offer outstanding service.
Whether you specialize in manufacturing ammunition, distribution, reselling guns and firearms, ranges or online/e-commerce, Blue Dog has you covered. We endorse FFL Boss and their TAD Software because of the incredible value they bring to the table for firearms dealers as well as many other firearms related companies.
Reasons for firearm purchase:
Protection/Personal Safety: 60%
Target Shooting: 8%
US Domestic Gun Production:
(Average for last decade)
Top US Firearms Industry Leaders
Historical brands such as Smith & Wesson and Olin/Winchester share the firearms and ammunition industry with quite a few smaller firms. See below for some of the largest players in the industry:
- Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation – Springfield, Massachusetts – Highest profit margins in the industry
- Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. – Southport, Connecticut – Market cap of $735 million
- Olin Corporation – Clayton, Missouri – Owner of the famous Winchester brand
- Vista Outdoor Inc. – Own around 30 firearms accessory and ammunition brands, such as Bushnell, Savage Arms, RCBS and Federal premium
- TASER International, Inc. – Market cap of $983 million, known for electrical weapons, digital surveillance and body-worn cameras and evidence management solutions
- Allianz Technologies – Defense contractor with a number of brands, including Allianz Powder, Speer bullets, CCI ammo, Champion ammunition, Weaver optics, Eagle Industries and Blackhawk Industries
- National Presto Industries,Inc. – Producer of ordnance and ammunition, but began as a manufacturer of small and kitchen appliances
Laws & Regulations for Gun Dealers
Many federal, state and regional laws surround the market for firearms, ammunition and gun accessories, whether it be e-commerce or traditional brick and mortar retail. Here are some pertinent links to regulations that influence the distribution and sale of firearms in the United States:
- FFL Dealer License Information – Pertains to getting a FFL or Federal Firearms License (a specialty of our partner FFL Boss)
- National Firearms Act of 1934 – Provides for taxation of importers, dealers and manufacturing firms, as well as to the sale or disposal of certain weapons (especially machine guns) and restricts and regulates transportation and importing of firearms in the United States.
- 18 USC 922(o): Prohibiting possession and/or transfer of machine guns
- 18 USC 922(p): Forbids importation, sale and manufacturing of firearms undetectable to airport security devices
- 26 USC 5861(d): Prohibits transferring (selling) a firearm not registered per the National Firearms Act
- The Arms Export Control Act (AECA) of 1976: Protects military and weapons data considered sensitive to the United States from foreign governments and organizations, specifically regarding firearms dealers. Restricts American manufacture and trade for firearms. Protects US-sensitive technology from sale and involves proper documentation of similar trading with parties deemed trustworthy.
- The Gun Control Act (GCA) of 1968: Deems it illegal for specific categories of parties to possess, transfer, receive or transport firearms.
Categorization of the Firearms Industry:
SIC Code: Businesses in the firearms and ammo industry would generally fall into one of the following SIC codes:
- 5091:Sporting and Recreational Goods and Supplies (for retail ammunition and retail guns sales)
- 3484:Small Arms (for businesses generally manufacturing small arms and accessories having a bore less than 30 mm)
- 348401:Firearm Accessories-Manufacturers
- 348403:Small Arms-Manufacturers
- 348404:Ammunition Reloading Equip & Supplies Manufacturers
- 348405:Guns Manufacturers
- 348406:Guns Accessories Manufacturers
- 7999:Amusement and Recreation, NEC (for businesses operating shooting facilities or shooting ranges)
- 799907:Shooting Facilities and Archery Lanes
- 79990703:Shooting Range Operation
- 348406:Guns Accessories Manufacturers
- 3489:Ordnance and Accessories, Not Elsewhere Classified (for businesses manufacturing firearms and accessories having a bore more than 30 mm)
- 5941:Sporting Goods Stores and Bicycle Shops (for businesses retailing firearms and accessories with a sporting / hunting focus)
- 594102:Hunting Equipment
See the entire list of SIC codes here.
NAICS Code: Firearms, ammunition, accessories or other firearms related businesses generally use one of the following NAICS codes:
- 332994:Small Arms, Ordnance, and Ordnance Accessories Manufacturing (typically firearms, ammunition and accessories manufacturers
- 423910:Sporting & Recreational Goods Stores (typically retailers
- 451110:Sporting Goods Stores (typically retailers
- 713990:All Other Amusement and Recreation Industries (typically ranges and shooting establishments)
See the entire list of NAICS codes here.
Need a Firearms Merchant Services Account?
Whether your are new to the industry and just starting out or are an established firearms and accessories retailer, Blue Dog Business Services has all of your processing needs covered. And then some. Click below to sign up now.
Don't waste anymore time.
Don’t go another month being overcharged for merchant services. Start saving today.
Next Merchant Statement